Call For Peers at CCCamp2019
bgp.wtf will be present at CCCamp2019. As part of our mission to do weird useless shit with networks, we'll be setting up an exclusive, one-in-a-kind, four day Internet Exchange.
If you want to peer through us with other camp participants (and you should) and have your own ASN and IP space (and you should), please bring the following with you to Ziegeleipark Mildenberg:
- A BGP router (Linux with BIRD is fine - make sure to bring something energy efficient, bonus points for solar powered equipment)
- SFP(+) optics and fibre if you want to use our PoP switches (bring enough fibre and arrange with camp orga to lay it),
- or bring quiet/passively cooled rackable equipment to our PoP,
- or arrange connectivity via the main CCCamp network, eg. 1GBase-T to the nearest datenklo
or physical presence in the yolocolo. (update: no official yolocolo at camp, make your own!)
Setting up IRR entries
Please set up IRR entries accordingly ahead of time. We'll be doing fully automatic filter generation on our route servers. Amongst others, please ensure that:
- You have valid route6/route objects for the route you plan to announce from your AS (we do exact matching).
- You have an export: to AS208521 announce AS<your-as> entry in your aut-num.
- You have an import: from AS208521 accept AS-CCCAMP19-IX entry in your aut-num.
The last import/export entries are to prove ownership of your ASN and willingness to participate in the IXP. For an example, see AS204880.
We will not
allow for transitive prefixes from your downstream customers (eg, prefixes must be with an AS path equal to [ <your-as> * N ]
and have to have correspondent route
objects referencing your AS.
We're working on setting up near-instaneous filter generation from the RIPE IRR. For other RIRs, we'll likely have to set things up manually - get in touch to express interest in joining from AfriNIC/APNIC/LACNIC/ARIN.
Upstream connectivity & full routing table
We're figuring things out with c3noc. In a best case scenario, all IXP members can be part of the AS-CCC-EVENT AS set and c3noc's respective upstreams can announce your prefixes to the world.
In the worst case, c3noc/AS13020 will just be an IXP participant and you'll get routing to the camp network.
In case of any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll update this page with additional details as we know anything - location, technical details, etc. You can also follow us on Twitter.